- This event has passed.
Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity in Hawaii: Establishing the Business Case
April 13, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am HST
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Tuesday, repeating until April 27, 2021
It seems the terms Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity are showing up everywhere these days, even in Hawaiʻi , where locals often claim “we’re good here,” by citing the “melting pot” of ethnicities that are represented in the islands. While history indicates and research validates that diversity, inclusion, and equity have always been key ingredients to high performance, now – more than ever – companies, non-profit organizations, schools, sports teams, and even families are investing in understanding what these terms mean, how they work together, and what strategies can be applied for success in today’s multi-faceted environments. Individual competency in diversity, inclusion, and equity is not only critical to success in one’s professional endeavors, but it also enhances the overall richness of one’s life. Organzations that effectively leverage diversity, inclusion, and equity not only have more desirable work cultures and more engaged team members, but also fare better in innovation and problem solving, anticipating market trends, and bottom line performance metrics when compared to other similarly-situated organizations.
In this course, participants will:
- Become familiar with foundational terms and concepts in diversity, inclusion, and equity
- Develop multiple rationales for increased competency in diversity, inclusion, and equity
- Align their diversity business case to individual or organizational goals and metrics
- Develop practical strategies to sustain (and pitfalls to avoid) for individual and organizational growth in diversity, inclusion, and equity
- Establish safe spaces to come together in a meaningful way to network, learn, and share successes
RecommendationsWho should attend?
- Whether you hold a formal leadership title or are the CEO of your family, this timely and practical foundational course is for you
- Members of intact teams or individual contributors from one or multiple organizations
- Prior knowledge or experience in the field is not required