- This event has passed.
Human Centric Lighting (HCL)
December 13, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm HST$49
Human Centric Lighting (HCL), a type of lighting that benefits the biological, emotional, and heath of occupants, is fast becoming the most important facet of lighting. HCL has been shown to provide benefits including maximizing concentration and energy, improving work performance, productivity and morale, patient recovery times, assuring health and safety in the indoor environment, and improving circadian rhythm and quality of sleep. HCL also includes the biologic elements including circadian or 24-hour body clock and also non-circadian benefits. This new course is offered in partnership with Hawai`i Energy. Who should attend?
- Hospital and healthcare facility staff
- Maintenance and operations staff
- Educational facility staff
- Facility engineers and contractors
- Energy professionals
- Designers and lighting designers
- Safety and security officers
- 2nd and 3rd shift workers
- Workers whose offices do not have windows