- This event has passed.
Online FERS Federal Retirement & Benefits Training Class
July 2 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm HST$45
Most Federal Employees can feel overwhelmed as they prepare for Retirement due to the complexity of the Federal Retirement Benefit System. GEBI has been providing seminars to Federal Employees for over a decade. Through listening to feedback from our attendees over the years, GEBI created a program that provides attendees with critical information needed to retire from the Federal System in an easy to understand, practical format. Instead of simply presenting the material, we focus on the most important question: What does that mean? Federal Employees commonly tell us after our class that they learned information they never knew prior to attending a GEBI Webinar. The FERS Retirement Benefits Webinar includes (but not limited to):
- Common Pre-Retirement Mistakes
- Retirement Options & Eligibility (including creditable service and military buy-back)
- Maximizing your leave (Annual Leave payouts, the proper way to calculate & use your converted Sick Leave)
- Computing your High-3 and Retirement Annuity
- Survivor Benefit Plan
- COLA in Retirement
- FERS Special Supplement
- Getting the most from Social Security
- TSP: from contributions, to allocations, to distribution strategies
- FEGLI options in Retirement
- FEHB in retirement and Medicare Part B Considerations
There is no hidden agenda with GEBI.We are here to help you get the basics you need to know regarding your FERS retirement. There is no selling of financial or insurance products during our webinar or while putting your report together after the virtual class. Contact with GEBI after the virtual webinar is only initiated by you. Included in the Webinar tuition is:
- The ability to ask questions during the seminar. However please keep the questions non-personal in nature. To ensure we make it through the class material, questions will be addressed at the end of each session.
- Scheduled follow-up meeting with one of instructors to produce a custom summary of your projected benefits at retirement, including a review of this report (review meeting approx. one hour in duration and will be held virtually)
- Federal Retirement and Benefits Reference Guide. This 100 plus page information tool put together by GEBI is compiled of information pertinent to retiring from Federal Service. GEBI has put this information together over the last ten years, updating it every year.